𐌽𐌹𐌿𐍄𐌰𐌽𐌳𐌹𐍃 𐌲𐌰𐍅𐌰𐌿𐍂𐌳𐌾𐌰:Jacques Pirat
- 1 Temporary adminship
- 2 Complete adminship
- 3 Sa Gutiskai Wikipedjai
- 4 Woorde in Goties
- 5 sysop
- 6 PipepBot
- 7 Gothic MediaWiki messages imported into Betawiki
- 8 Re: Months and days of the week
- 9 Transliteration function
- 10 Wikipedia Logo
- 11 What...?
- 12 The font
- 13 Your administrator status on got.wikipedia
Hello Jacques, I granted you one month of temporary sysophood on this wiki. Thank you for the clean-up work you'll do. If in the meantime you can get a clear support from the community, the sysophood will be made permanent. --126.96.36.199 09:46, 10 July 2007 (UTC) meta:User:Paginazero not logged
Note : I'm Sasajazi, but, due to an error of the developpers, I lost my password, and they won't give it back to me.
I'll be glad that you become definitely sysop, because Node ue never comes, and I won't have anymore time for this wiki in the coming years, but I'm affraid that you don't speak gothic well enough. All the pages you've done are great, but as of the gothic language, there are horrible things in them. Little exemple : your new haubidaseido
Goþs dags bi-waikipaidja þo gutiskano frijo aigkeiklaupaidja 188 maimbranos ana so gutiskarazda
- I know it's written differently on the logo, but Wikipedias name should be Wikipedja : the one who created the logo seems not to know that ai is only pronounced ε before r, h, ƕ or a vowel.
- For the same reason, aigkeiklaupaidja should be written egkeiklopedja.
- To say on Wikipedia, you'd better use ana +D, i.e. ana wikipedjai, þizai frijon gutiskon egkeiklopedjai
- We changed the word maimbranos to seidos
- I suppose you mean 188 pages in gothic language, so you should say 188 seidos ana gutarazdai
To say all (the categories), it'd be correct to say alla (neuter plural, better than genitive singular ...)
There's a lot more, but I don't have time for it.
PS : do you speak french or german, it'd be easier for me ? -- Yadönapya 07:23, 11 July 2007 (UTC)
- I think you should use this dictionnary to look up if your words are correct, its the one I use.
- The Main Page should be like here, except the new pages part should not be so : it shouldn't be possible to see that a bast*** has created a page to say the gothic script is an unreadable crap, as yet. -- Yadönapya 14:08, 12 July 2007 (UTC)
Actually, I've contacted a friend of mine, developper of Wikipedia, who created a script that permits switching from gothic script to latin, and asked him to install it on this wiki as soon as possible. At that moment, we'll have to delete all the pages Gothic_script/Latin_script cuz it'll be possible to read the basic pages with latin script. The only problem yet would be the numbers. When it is done, I'll try to correct all the pages you created, and we should be able to start giving this wiki a bit content. I also suggest that we create a Wikipedia: page with all the neologisms. (zB seida, egkeiklopedja, gutarazda, allrazdobauains, usafhlaþan, meljanboka, bokabaurda, ...) One more thing : you forgot a D on the logo ; you wrote egkeiklopeja instead of enkeiklopedja-- Yadönapya 09:04, 13 July 2007 (UTC)
I requested adminship on meta. Please comme and support me. Thanks -- Yadönapya 09:19, 13 July 2007 (UTC)
I corrected a bit the baurgs brunna, and voted for us both. But, what is baurgs brunna supposed to meen ? I also added a request on Manie's page, and corrected your german. Hope this will work. And I like 𐌾𐌰𐌳𐌰𐌽𐌰𐍀𐌾𐌰 better to write Yadönapya with gothic script, see User:Yadönapya/namo. -- Yadönapya 09:18, 14 July 2007 (UTC)
Ah, you're right. I misunterstood german Brunnen : I thought it meant brunette. Good name. -- Yadönapya 19:05, 14 July 2007 (UTC)
I asked Alexander Gerashchenko to support us on his russian page. -- Yadönapya 09:00, 19 July 2007 (UTC)
Sa Gutiskai Wikipedjai[𐌹𐌽𐌼𐌰𐌹𐌳𐌴𐌹]
Lieber Jacques, ist das ok so? Lg --188.8.131.52 19:46, 17 July 2007 (UTC)
- Fein!!! --Manie 19:47, 18 July 2007 (UTC)
Woorde in Goties[𐌹𐌽𐌼𐌰𐌹𐌳𐌴𐌹]
Wir haben eine kategorie für gotisch bei uns: http://af.wiktionary.org/wiki/Kategorie:Woorde_in_Goties. Bei den franzosen auf fr-wikti scheint leider niemand mehr einträge zu machen. :(( Lg --Manie 13:29, 19 July 2007 (UTC)
- Nein, ich meinte im französischen wiktionär :))) --Manie 12:31, 20 July 2007 (UTC)
Hi, you are now a permanant sysop --Walter 13:53, 8 August 2007 (UTC)
- Thank you, good sir! --Jacques Pirat 05:26, 9 August 2007 (UTC)
Hello Jacques, I asked for bot status for PipepBot on Talk:𐌷𐌰𐌿𐌱𐌹𐌳𐌰𐍃𐌴𐌹𐌳𐍉#Bot status for PipepBot. To get the bot flag I have first to get the support of the local users. Could you please write your opinion at Talk:𐌷𐌰𐌿𐌱𐌹𐌳𐌰𐍃𐌴𐌹𐌳𐍉? Thank you very much! it:User:Pipep 19:37, 25 August 2007 (UTC)
- Thank you for your support. it:User:Pipep 02:50, 26 August 2007 (UTC)
Gothic MediaWiki messages imported into Betawiki[𐌹𐌽𐌼𐌰𐌹𐌳𐌴𐌹]
Hi Jacques Pirat. I see that you have contributed to the messages in the namespace MediaWiki. Thank you for that. As Gothic did not yet have any generic messages in MediaWiki (only on this wiki), we imported the messages from Special:Allmessages into betawiki:. Betawiki also supports the translation of messages for 117 extensions, with over 1,600 messages. I would like to invite you to join the Betawiki community and help improve MediaWiki localisation for the languages you are able to contribute to.
If you have any further questions, please let me know on my talk page on Betawiki. We will try and assist you as much as possible. You can also find us on the Freenode IRC network in the channel #mediawiki-i18n where we would be happy to help you get started.
Re: Months and days of the week[𐌹𐌽𐌼𐌰𐌹𐌳𐌴𐌹]
Aw ! Good question ! I'm not even sure they had names for that. I'll have a search. -- Yadönapya 09:00, 14 February 2008 (UTC)
- Objections ? Yeah, quite ! I've done my own search, and the only attested month name is Naubaimbair / fruma Juleis. So I looked for the names of months in ancient germanic languages, and I reconstructed those names : (if you need it for the interface, as the date is expressed by [number-of-day<accusative>] + [name-of-month<genitive>], you should translate by the genitive form, given after the "arrow")
- aftuma Jiuleis (after yule) -> aftumins Jiuleis
- fanimenoþs (mud month) -> fanimenoþis
- kaldmenoþs (cold month) -> kaldmenoþis
- grasmenoþs (grass month) -> grasmenoþis
- blomamenoþs (flower month) -> blomamenoþis
- warmmenoþs (warm month) -> warmmenoþis
- hawimenoþs (hay month) -> hawimenoþis
- asanmenoþs (harvest month) -> asanmenoþis
- akranmenoþs (fruit month) -> akranmenoþis [There isn't any common name for that month, I also propose rauþmenoþs > rauþmenoþis (red month), that is the name of the month in the slavic tribes of the Vistula]
- weinmenoþs (wein month) -> weinmenoþis
- fruma Jiuleis (before yule) -> frumins Jiuleis
- Jiuleis (yule month) -> Jiuleis
- I haven't find yet names for the days of week, but I'll search. I think we should use the least possible words borrowed from greek. -- Yadönapya 20:07, 23 February 2008 (UTC)
- Names of days :
- Meninsdags (moon day) -> meninsdaga
- Tiwisdags (Tiwaz' day) -> tiwisdaga
- Midiwiko (mid-week) -> midiwikon
- Þeiƕonsdags (thunder day) -> þeiƕonsdaga
- Fraujonsdags (Frigg's day) -> fraujonsdaga
- Þwahlisdags (bath day) -> þwahlisdaga // Sabbatodags (sabbath day) -> sabbatodaga
- Sunnonsdags (sun day) -> sunnonsdaga // dags afarsabbatus (day after sabbath) -> daga afarsabbatu
- -- Yadönapya 08:16, 24 February 2008 (UTC)
- Names of days :
I've dropped a line at meta:Wikimedia_Forum#Gothic_script_problems asking for help with implementing a transliterator for the Gothic Wikipedia similar to the one used on the Serbian and Chinese ones. Your input there, as a local administrator, would be appreciated. +𐌷𐌴𐌺𐍃𐌰𐌲𐍉𐌽 ·𐌰· (t) 09:49, 1 Fruma Jiuleis 2008 (UTC)
𐌷𐌰𐌹𐌻𐍃, 𐌾𐌰𐌺 𐍀𐌹𐍂𐌰𐍄!
The font I used is "Ulfilas II" which will be published soon. Thus the logo is more similar to the logos of other languages' wikipedias.
As to the spelling:
I think it should be "𐍅𐌹𐌺𐌹𐍀𐌴𐌳𐌾𐌰", but "𐌴𐌽𐌺𐍅𐌺𐌻𐍉𐍀𐌰𐌹𐌳𐌾𐌰". Whilst "Wikipedia" is a proper noun, probably made up by J. Wales, the word "enkwklopaidja" would be a Graecism in Gothic. The "w" is used as in "Swmaion" (Symaion) or "Iairusaulwmos". The "ai" in "-paidja" corresponds to the greek original "enkyklopaídeia" (see the Greek Wikipedia).
This difference between the title "Wikipedia" and its respective subtitle can be found in other Wikipedias as well (i.e. the German and the Danish one).
Regards, 𐌷𐍂𐍉𐌸𐌱𐌰𐌹𐍂𐌷𐍄 10:15, 25 𐌲𐍂𐌰𐍃𐌼𐌴𐌽𐍉𐌸𐍃 2009 (UTC)
- Sorry if this is a tad late. Seems fine by me. I can't change it right now but I will in a few days where my computer has the fonts to read the interface. Jacques Pirat
- I would disagree here. Eventhough the Wikipedia is a proper noun it is common to change it to suit the language of the wiki. I prefer Wikipaidja instead.
- For "The Free Encyclopedia" I also disagree. Here I would suggest a purist word "frodibokos" in stead of loanword. Hence "Þos Frijons Frodibokos", since it is plural. For this reason I will propose another logo as well which also uses another font.
- My suggestion
- /Gadrauhts 18:11, 12 𐌰𐌺𐍂𐌰𐌽𐌼𐌴𐌽𐍉𐌸𐍃 2011 (UTC)
I deleted rubbish and tried to make Unsaiklopedia more confortable, and this is my answer? You toke my admin-rights from me, without mentioning anyting on my usertalkpage! If I don't write gothic very well, why don't you recommend a dictionary for me? I was really excited to work on the wiki, and was willing to do more! You know, if you don't show up in a year, it's logical that someone else takes care of the wiki. I don't edit wiki's to become admin, man. I am because I like the wiki. :( CartoonistHenning | 22:33, 28 Fruma Jiuleis 2009 (UTC) @ 184.108.40.206
Hello, I guess that topic already came up, but I want to talk about that again. It is about the font. My computer displays them, that's not the point. But the quality is very bad of that font. The edges are often not shown, cut or so slim, that they are broken and not constant. There are way better fonts. I know of others, that have the same problems and points and wanted to ask whether there is a way to change that into a better readable font. Zylbath 12:03, 19 𐌰𐍃𐌰𐌽𐌼𐌴𐌽𐍉𐌸𐍃 2011 (UTC)
Your administrator status on got.wikipedia[𐌹𐌽𐌼𐌰𐌹𐌳𐌴𐌹]
Hello. A policy regarding the removal of "advanced rights" (administrator, bureaucrat, etc.) was adopted by community consensus in 2013. According to this policy, the stewards are reviewing activity on wikis with no inactivity policy.
You meet the inactivity criteria (no edits and no log actions for 2 years) on the wiki listed above. Since that wiki does not have its own rights review process, the global one applies.
If you want to keep your rights, you should inform the community of the wiki about the fact that the stewards have sent you this information about your inactivity. If the community has a discussion about it and then wants you to keep your rights, please contact the stewards at m:Stewards' noticeboard, and link to the discussion of the local community, where they express their wish to continue to maintain the rights.
If you wish to resign your rights, you can reply here or request removal of your rights on Meta.
If there is no response at all after approximately one month, stewards will proceed to remove your administrator and/or bureaucrat rights. In ambiguous cases, stewards will evaluate the responses and will refer a decision back to the local community for their comment and review. If you have any questions, please contact the stewards. Rschen7754 06:01, 9 𐌷𐌰𐍅𐌹𐌼𐌴𐌽𐍉𐌸𐍃 2016 (UTC)