𐌸𐌹𐍃 Wikipedia 𐌲𐌰𐍅𐌰𐌿𐍂𐌳𐌾𐌰:𐌰𐌻𐌻𐌰𐌹𐌶𐍉 𐍂𐌰𐌶𐌳𐍉 𐌰𐌽𐌳𐌱𐌰𐌷𐍄𐌹
Question about Gothic alphabet in relation to other alphabets[𐌹𐌽𐌼𐌰𐌹𐌳𐌴𐌹]
Hi! I see on the main page that there are links to the same page written in Runic and Latin alphabets, as opposed to the Gothic alphabet. I'm curious as to whether there is a 1:1 relationship between glyphs in the Gothic/Latin/Runic alphabets, or if there are ambiguations of sorts. Because if there is a 1:1 relationship, it is very much possible to make a tool that automatically transcripts pages (well, the tool already exists, but it would be easy to adapt it for Gothic). If so, could one of the active editors here make a table of Gothic glyphs in comparison with Latin and Runic glyphs? Jon Harald Søby 18:31, 17 July 2007 (UTC)
- There are 28 letters in the Gothic alphabet, 26 if remove the letters representing numbers only. This goes evenly with the Latin Alphabet, but it doesn't go equally into Elder Fuþark (the runes that Gothic uses), which only has 24 letters, lacking a letter to represent hwair (𐍈) and a letter to represent quairþa(𐌵). I have a comparision of the alphabets I written for the Gothic Wikibooks tutorial here. I did not add the Elder Fuþark equivalents to Gothic Letters which would use two letters. Hwair would equal ᚺᚹ, and Quairþa would equal ᚲᚹ. 𐍇 is another letter which could be transcribed simply as ᚲ, but this would pose a problem because there is also the letter 𐌺, which makes the same sound, though the letter is only used to refer to the Christ, as it is derived from Chi. Also I'm moving this to the actual embassy - the allrazdobauains. The name change was due to the use of a faulty dictionary and a faulty guess on how to compound words. --Jacques Pirat 00:35, 18 July 2007 (UTC)
hi, could you please tell me where i can get the gothic font used at this site? i've got GOTHIC1.TTF but still only see question marks. thanks a lot
- That's for Japanese Gothic-Serif charachters, I believe, and not for the actual Gothic Alphabet. The link is on the front page, in Gothic, where you see the only latin text on the page - "Ni saiƕis Wikipedja ? Dalaþlaþan gutiska meljanboeka!". The link will take you to the area to get real Gothic fonts. Note that these Gothic fonts will most likely fail to be detected on Internet Explorer, but you can try. Also, please sign your posts. Jacques Pirat 02:21, 29 August 2007 (UTC)
- I have downloaded one of them /CODE 2001/ and installed it through settings->Font->Install New Font, but both my browsers are not displaying anything but questionmarks. I am eager to see the authentic Ulfila alphabet of the language and since I would like to include the proper Gorthic name in the article about Rome in the Bulgarian Wikipedia as the capital of the Ostrogothic kingdom, I am exceedingly volitional about beholding the name in the proper alphabet. Do I have to adjust one of the two browsers (IE and Firefox) themselves in order to attain finally proper displaying of the script? Bogorm 05:56, 23 June 2008 (UTC)
Betawiki: better support for your language in MediaWiki[𐌹𐌽𐌼𐌰𐌹𐌳𐌴𐌹]
Dear community. I am writing to you to promote a special wiki called Betawiki. This wiki facilitates the localisation (l10n) of the MediaWiki interface. You may have changed many messages here to use your language in the interface, but if you would log in to for example the English language Wiktionary, you would not be able to use the interface as well translated as here. Infact, of the 1798 messages in the core of MediaWiki, 0 messages have been translated. Betawiki also supports the translation of messages of about 80 extensions, with almost 1000 messages.
If you wish to contribute to better support of your language in MediaWiki, as well as for many MediaWiki extensions, please visit Betawiki, create an account and request translator priviledges. You can see the current status of localisation of your language on meta and do not forget to get in touch with others that may already be working on your language on Betawiki.
If you have any further questions, please let me know on my talk page on Betawiki. We will try and assist you as much as possible, for example by importing all messages from a local wiki for you to start with, if you so desire.
You can also find us on the Freenode IRC network in the channel #mediawiki-i18n where we would be happy to help you get started.
Could you please delete ? Thanks --Manie 16:50, 22 February 2008 (UTC)
Not that I expect to understand any of this, but I did want to see what the impression was. However, there is apparently some font needed to view this, or some encoding setting which I don't have, as most of it is question-marks. Could you not add a hint to help visitors to this Wikipedia? I have editted my post to sign it, and to say that suddenly I saw other information appearing to answer my question. If so, I sorry that the way the site worked lead to a redundant post. PJTraill 08:21, 2 May 2008 (UTC)
Hi, I'd like to request a bot flag for タチコマ robot:
- Operator: commons:User:White Cat
- Purpose: Interwiki, Double redirects, commons delinking
- Software: Pywikipedia, awb
- Bot with Flag: (full list)
- Details: autonomous and supervised.
- If this is the wrong place for this request, please move it to the right location.
I'm more into helping with the technical implementation of the Wiki, but I thought it may be fitting to have my user page at least bilingual. Does anyone feel like translating the following for me: "Hello! If you wish to leave me a message, it would probably reach me sooner if you left it at my English Wikipedia talk page."? Reply here, and thanks in advance. +𐌷𐌴𐌺𐍃𐌰𐌲𐍉𐌽 ·𐌰· (t) 09:58, 1 Fruma Jiuleis 2008 (UTC)
Most fonts doesn't work[𐌹𐌽𐌼𐌰𐌹𐌳𐌴𐌹]
While trying to make gothic Wikipedia work on computer with windows vista and firefox, I failed many times. I downloaded most of the fonts that this Wikipedia suggests, but the fonts did not appear, only the boxes that tells that fonts doesn't exist or work. The owner of computer checked that he has not adjusted the system in a wrong way to block the fonts from being seen.
Only the latest font I downloaded, "damase", worked. This font, however, is rough-edged and not nice to look: the pixels are too big. 𐍄𐌿𐍉𐌷𐌹 𐍂𐌿𐌻𐌻𐌰 - Tuohirulla 10:47, 20 𐌰𐍃𐌰𐌽𐌼𐌴𐌽𐍉𐌸𐍃 2009 (UTC)
|Please help: replace this red text with a translation of the English message below. Thank you!|
|Announcing the Derby Multilingual Challenge|
This is the first multilingual Wikipedia collaboration. All Wikipedians can take part, in any Wikipedia language. The challenge runs from 1 May until 3 September 2011.
Andrew Dalby 12:22, 2 𐌱𐌻𐍉𐌼𐌰𐌼𐌴𐌽𐍉𐌸𐍃 2011 (UTC)
Help for translate[𐌹𐌽𐌼𐌰𐌹𐌳𐌴𐌹]
Hello and sorry for writing in English. Can anyone help me translate a small article (2 paragraphs) from English to your language and create the article in your wiki? Please, fell free to answer in my talk page in your wiki anytime. Thanks! Xaris333 (talk) 23:31, 12 𐌰𐍃𐌰𐌽𐌼𐌴𐌽𐍉𐌸𐍃 2014 (UTC)